Fully Accessible Specialist Disability Accommodation that meets all of your High Physical Support Needs in South Australia
You can find a Cocoon SDA Home near you. All of our platinum SDA homes are built to the same specifications with the following desirable features:
- 3 spacious bedrooms with their own private accessible ensuite
- 1 additional bedroom with ensuite for overnight staff
- Doorway widths > 1000m
- Fully furnished communal areas including Dining, Lounge, Kitchen and Laundry amenities
- Alarmed Security System with CCTV to exterior
- Ducted Heating and Cooling
- Built-in Wardrobes for every bedroom
- Elizabeth North – 5 vacancies across 2 homes
- Munno Para West – 2 vacancies
- Salisbury East – 1 vacancy
- Davoren Park – 3 vacancies
- Christie Downs – 1 vacancy
- Mount Barker – 1 Vacancy
How much does it cost to live in a Cocoon SDA Home?
The SDA funding in your NDIS plan will be paid to Cocoon SDA Homes. In addition, you must pay a ‘reasonable rent contribution’. This is calculated at 25% of your income (Disability Support Pension or other). Cocoon also requests a lodgings payment to cover the cost of utilities (gas, electricity, water, wifi, etc.) and use of communal amenities (furnishings and appliances), this is calculated at 15% of your income.
A total of 40% of your Disability Support Pension will be paid to Cocoon, plus 100% of any Energy Allowance and Commonwealth Rent Assistance that you receive.
6 x new Specialist Disability Homes that meet the design categories for fully accessible, high physical support and robust in the Southern Suburb of Hackham